If you have been following Crystal Cattle for awhile you'll know that I love make-up. And for those that are new I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with wearing lipstick or mascara while working on our farm. The cows certainly don't seem to mind. This month actually marks the SECOND year anniversary of the Crystal Cattle Beauty Swap!
The Beauty Swaps are an opportunity to meet women from all over the country (we've had some Canadian girls swap too), and get to try out beauty products that we might not necessary buy for ourselves. I am pretty sure stock in EOS lip balm, Benefit Fakeup concealer and Neutrogena make-up removal wipes have all risen since the beginning of our beauty swaps
So how does a Beauty Swap work? Once you have signed up we’ll pair you with another beauty loving blogger (or someone that enjoys Twitter or Instagram). You’ll have a little bit of time to get to know your new social media friend, and then you’ll send each other a gift of beauty products. Sign up for the Beauty Swap will take place November 8- 18, 2015. We'll send out the pairings by November 22. Get to know your partner and then be sure to get your package in the mail by November 30. It is really important to follow these deadlines as we have had a few Beauty Swappers send their packages off and get nothing in return :(
Once you have received your box start testing out your new beauty product. We'll host a link up on December 10. It is fun to link up and read all about everyone else's finds. Here are link ups from Beauty Swap I, Beauty Swap II, Beauty Swap III, Beauty Swap IV, Beauty Swap V and Beauty Swap VI. You don't have to have a blog to participate, but we do ask that you have a social media way to communicate and join in on the fun. Use the hashtag #ccbeautyswap on Twitter or Instagram. Below is a list of a few rules and guidelines that we ask you stick to.
1. Follow the Crystal Cattle blog and Facebook page, and The Purple Front Door Blog and Facebook page.
2. Email your partner within 72 hours of receiving your match. If you haven’t heard from your match after three days are up, let Crystal or Myla know and we’ll try and pair you with someone else.
3. Be sure to ask your partner questions about their likes and disklikes, products they like to use, skin tone, preferred colors, etc. or maybe they want to be surprised!
4. Each box should contain a min. of $20 worth of product. Please include one full size item. You may also include samples of products with your one full size item.
5. Items must be new, unless you’ve discussed this with your partner. (Perhaps she loves purple nail polish and you have bottle you know you won’t use anymore.)
6. Packages must be shipped by November 30. If possible it is a good idea to get a tracking number incase something gets lost.
7. Once you receive your package create a post revealing what you received and link up with us on December 10.
8. Since it is almost Christmas consider including your favorite Christmas treat or recipe!
9. If you do not follow the rules you may forfeit you right to participate in future Beauty Swaps. Crystal Cattle has the right to refuse participation for any reason.
10. Understand that unfortunately sometimes you may send a package and get nothing in return. This is out of our control and a risk you take.
To sign up click here!
And if you need some ideas of what past Beauty Swap packages have looked like check out the Beauty Swap Pinterest page.