Thursday, December 18, 2014

Anniversary Beauty Swap Product Review and Link Up

It's time for the big reveal. I've been watching everyone's Instagram pictures pouring in with the #ccbeautyswap hashtag and I must say I think we are all on Santa's nice list because we got spoiled!

For those that have never heard of a Beauty Swap you can read about the details here, and I promise after the new year we'll be having another one.

This time I was partnered up with my co-host of the Beauty Swap Melanie from The Traveling Cowgirl. Melanie and I first met when I lived in the Kansas City area, now we both live in Iowa and we love turquoise! I think we must have been reading each other minds because she got me the perfect products.



1. Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash - I was really excited to get this mascara as I've hear so much about the product, but have been really skeptical. I guess part of the reason was because I kept seeing people take the results too far and have these cobwebby looking lashes. So what does it do? Well it is a three part mascara. 1. apply what is similar to a regular mascara, then 2. apply what look like tiny fibers (they remind me of feathers) to your "wet" coat to help build your lashes, and 3. reapply the regular mascara to seal. The result is way full lashes without having to wear false lashes. I've been really impressed with the product, and I've been able to get a fuller lash line without them looking fake or too unnatural. 

2. Too Faced Palette Boudoir Soft and Sexy Eyes - This was total surprise to receive this palette. Melanie said she's been wearing the colors from this palette for awhile and I can see why. It's actually similar to some MAC shades I've been wearing, but this palette gives you way more colors and a lower price. The grey's have a purple undertone which is great for my eye color. 

3. Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth - Melanie totally read my mind on this one. I had recently gone to Sephora to pick up some stuff for our NFR Vegas trip. When I sat in the beauty chair the beauty consultant asked me to remove my make-up with this wipe. It smelled amazing! Come to find out that it was the Ole Henriksen wipe. What I love about these two products is not only do they remove make-up but they also contain vitamin C and a bunch of other stuff to brighten and refresh your face. Plus, when I am home I can use the foam cleanser and on the road use the wipes. And did I mention they smell amazing. I'll definitely be purchasing this product once I run out. 

Melanie also include some Josie Argan Nail Polish remover, which is funny because I sent her Argan Face Oil, a really cute turquoise burlap bag and some other fun samples. 

Now here is the good news. Melanie sells the 3D Fiber Lash Mascara and want to give a set away to one of our Beauty Swappers. All you have to do it link up to you blog or Instagram post or leave a comment in the comment section. You have until Dec. 31 to enter and link up. 

Thanks so much to everyone that joined in on the fun. I've even met some of our swappers in person now and it's fun to watch new friendships form! 



17 comments:

  1. I don't have a blog, but posted the details from my swap on my instagram (sonja_lapak). I had so much fun on my first swap! Thanks to Bekah @ coopedupcreativity for being my great partner! I received aqua spa lotion, earth therapeutics foot scrubs, eos lip balm, freeman face masks, and great lash mascara. All of these great products have been great for pampering and holiday party prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is my review! I had so much fun with this! :) I cannot wait to see what everyone else got and see what all I should go buy. ;) http://www.modernruralliving.com/2014/12/18/ccbeautyswap-anniv-round-up-review/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't blogged in ages, and I'm in the middle of finishing up final grades. In the interest in all that is good and holy and relatively time efficient, I'll post a comment here. I have also shared a pic of my goods from Hannah (@therusticchick) on Instagram (onlyfern).

    Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara--love this inexpensive brand of mascara that makes nearly nonexistent lashes pretty!!

    Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Motorhead--LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. It's bold. It's matte, which is kind of different from what my normal has been lately, but I like it! I think that I'll have to try other shades of this brand.

    Chapstick. Peppermint flavor. -- It's classic with a seasonal twist. If only I had someone to meet me under the mistletoe ;)

    Hand Food hand lotion--this is a nice hand lotion...not greasy at all.

    Leopard print headband--watch Instagram for pics. SOON.

    This was my first swap, and I cannot wait for Crystal to "host" the next one!!

    Have a Merry Christmas ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your honesty! That headband is going to be perfect for you. You are the fist person to rave about the Kat Von D Lipstick. I am going to have to check it out.

      Delete
    2. I've heard SO much great things about the new lipstick. I hear the new packaging is great! Some Sephora's are selling the old packing (same formula) for a cheaper price. :)

      Delete
    3. Crystal, the lipstick was hard to like at first. Something about the texture and matte finish. I've paired it with a colorless liner from my go-to Merle Norman, and that helped some. I still love, love the shade.

      Delete
  4. Oh girl, what a jackpot! You received some really great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the 3D fiber lashes from my swap partner too - and I was really impressed! I think you could go overboard with them, but a few swipes (only) really makes my lashes look fuller. And I'm going to have to check out that cleanser - it looks neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my swap package, I received some sparkly eye shadow duos from elf. Great color combos with lots of sparkle that will be fun during the holidays. I also received a lipstick, eye liners, blush and some peppermint foot scrub! And last but not least - pretzel m&ms!!! Thanks to my swap partner Naomi! Happy Holidays #ccbeautyswap ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't forget the candy! Hope you have a great holiday season with your new festive make-up!

      Delete
  7. I'd LOVE to try the 3D mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous of all the stuff you got! I've always wanted to try that remover! I had so much fun this swap! I loved getting to see what everyone got!!!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got more of the wipe for Christmas! They smell unbelievably good.

      Delete
  9. I loved everything Holly Reid sent me! My two favorites were the MAC long wear lip color and the head wrap to keep my hair out of my face while getting ready! The other swag was great, too!!! Check my Instagram (@befabulousjas) to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not to be last to the party but I wanted to be able to announce the winner of the 3-D Fiber Lash Mascara in my post! Check it out to see if you are the winner!

    http://thetravelingcowgirl.blogspot.com/2015/01/ccbeautyswap-anniversary-edition-fiber.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my first #ccbeautyswap - what a great idea! I enjoyed picking out treats for my swap partner, Jenn, and was excited to get my swap after the holidays. Jenn sent me three sweet little eyeshadows in purple and silver - my favorite eye colors! She also included some fun Mary Kay samples, which are always great when you want to switch it up for the day! I'm a lazy blogger and haven't written in ages, but I posted it up at my instagram - @raeleighjo28

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...