Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Comments are Like Candy

Last week I made another step towards my 101 in 1001 goal list. I remember once hearing from another  blogger friend Katie Pinke that "comments are like candy," and it's true! Don't you get a little high when you see that someone has left you a comment? When I first started blogging I didn't think anyone was reading because I didn't get any comments. Even now lots of my blog posts don't get comments. However, through Google Analytics I know you are reading, you just aren't always commenting.


One of the goals I set for myself was to leave 25 comments on blogs in one week, and last week I accomplished that. There are so many blogs that I read, find interesting and even share with others, yet I don't take the time to leave a comment. Last week I wanted to share a little bit of "candy" and left lots of comments. I actually went over my 25 comment goal.

I hope I was able to spread a little cheer in some of my favorite bloggers lives. And maybe this week you'll consider leaving a few more comments on the blogs you love reading.


19 comments:

  1. I think blogs need "Like" buttons. I read a lot and enjoy them, but usually don't have much to say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, thanks for leaving this comment! I have seen a like button on some blogs. I might need to figure out how to get one of those.

      Delete
  2. I accept your challenge and I shall start with you! :)

    Honestly, that has been a goal of mine recently..... I neglected all the other wonderful blogs out there as well! I want someone to feel just as good as I do when reading a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahoo! It's always fun to spread a little cheer.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great "challenge" of sorts! I think I will try and do that throughout this upcoming week! Thanks for the great idea Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! What a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Practicing my own words! Thank you for the shout out Crystal. I used to be a diligent and loyal commenting blogger myself and now read so many blogs on my phone and don't comment as often. I'm going to get back at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I love reading your blog. Even though I don't have kids yet I feel like all your stories are going to come in handy one day!

      Delete
  6. I love this analogy. So true! I know I get a bit of a high anytime someone recognizes what I do on any social channel. Thanks for the motivation to do the same for others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy reading your blog!! From one cattle gal to another... Don't stop! I always read it! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by and leaving some "comment candy" on my posts Crystal! I was pretty excited to see them :) I'll try to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely ready more then I comment! I usually go through once a week and do all of my blog reading and catch up on what I have missed. Spreading the candy tonight : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would venture to say that the Cook brothers are the best livestock fence builders out there. Cattle panels They do an

    awesome job and the they build a fence that is going to last a long time

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the exact same feelings when I started blogging. I felt like no one was reading my blog because I wasn't getting any comments. I still don't get many at all but I know people are coming and looking at my posts because I too use GA.

    Love your blog! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...