Thursday, June 27, 2019

Squad Life: Conquering Your Goal in Three Steps

I LOVE goals, I HATE failure. You are have probably heard of the acronym SMART when setting goals. It stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely. This episode focuses on the timely aspect of goals. What happens when you set the deadline for your goal and then you haven't accomplished it by that date? It can be hard to get past that, but if your goal matters have to keep moving forward.

In two weeks I'll find myself in Denver at our annual Keep Collective women's empowerment conference. Here we will celebrate huge milestones that many business owners hit over the past year. However, there will also be people that said last summer that I will hit xyz by next conference that have come up short of their goals. As I have mentored the women on our team over the past four years (we call ourselves the Arm Party Squad - are you sensing a theme?) I am constantly reminding them to focus as much on the final destination as the steps in between.


Then add in the layer of comparison. The goals that your friends, business partners or the girls you follow on social media might all be the same or similar. Yet, the path is going to be incredibly different. We need to stop measuring our success against others, but rather learn from others success and failures. That also means we have to be vulnerable enough to share our failures. I told myself this podcast would be up by the end of May. That didn't happen. Did I quit? Nope! I buckled down and made it happen in June.

I can't wait for you to listen in and learn how I pause, reflect and move forward each time I am trying to conquer a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...