This post could have alternately been call "The Best Brownie Recipe on Earth!" I didn't think I was a huge brownie person until I tried these brownies, but now we can't get enough of them.
It all started with my sister-in-law making Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies for Easter. They were so good that I knew I had to make these myself. So off to the grocery to store I went to get the ingredients (brownie mix, eggs, oil and obviously Cadbury Creme Eggs). However, since it was after Easter there were no more Cadbury Creme Eggs left. Since there was no way I was waiting until next Easter to make these brownies I began thinking about what could be substituted. Rolos. Yup, mini Rolos would the answer, and they were perfect.
1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix 13x9 Family Size aka awesome brownie base
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 8 oz. bag of loose mini Rolos (I liked buying the bulk bag because then I didn't have to unwrap all of them
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a 13x9 baking pan with tinfoil, allowing the tinfoil to come over the edges. This makes it easier to pull the brownies out of the pan.
3. Spray the tinfoil with oil
4. Mix just until all the ingredients, except the Rolo, are incorporated. It is important not to over mix brownies
5. Fold in the whole package of Rolos
6. Pour evenly into your foil lined and greased pan
7. Bake for 25-27 minutes. I feel like because of the Rolos they take a little longer to bake. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
This recipe also freezes really well in case you want to make ahead and serve later. Does your family have a sweet tooth or make a favorite chocolate recipe.