Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Birthday Beauty Swap Recap

It's time to recap! I hope all of you had a great time swapping beauty boxes with your partners. I got super lucky to swap with Taysha of Dirt Road Charm. Taysha and I got to meet in person a couple year ago at that National Western Stock Show and she is also a fellow MAC make-up lovers. However, she hadn't tried one of my favorite MAC products before (the MAC Paint Pot) and I hadn't tried a few of hers. A match made in heaven. Also, as I was opening the box the Boy was standing over my shoulder exclaiming I love this girl because of the abundance of Easter candy included!


1. It Cosmetics Sculpting Brush - this is the third "It" brush that I now own and love them. They are incredibly soft, a great price point and clean really well. I've been trying to get a little better at sculpting and this brush is great for under the cheeks and my jaw line.

2. Deep Down Detox - I laughed a little when I saw Taysha had sent this. I actually got this mask in my very first beauty swap over a year ago, and I love it. I try to use it once a week. It always leaves my skin feeling refreshed, tightened and brighter. Plus at $5.99 you can't go wrong!

3. MAC Lipstick in Speed Dial - I love this pink color, not too bubble gummy, but still a bright pink. It doesn't have the staying power that my MAC Pro Long Cremewear does so I have been applying NYX lip liner in Rose. It has more sheen to it than a lot of my other lipsticks, which it great because the lipstick doesn't dry out my lips like others.

4. MAC Penultimate Eye Liner and MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash - I have started to wear more liquid eyeliner and this probably one of the easiest ones that I have applied. I also have almost white eyelashes and they aren't super long. It is really hard for me to find a mascara that I like, but this one is impressing me so far. It has a really "wet" formula so I have to made sure I don't blink before it dries, but it covers every lash and there is absolutely one clumping! I find sometime I need to go back over my eyeliner later in the day with the eye liner to keep that really rich black look.

5. CeraVe Suncreen - I had told Taysha that I was starting to get ready for summer and sunscreen was a must. Turning 30 made me realize that now is the time to really buckle down and take care of my skin. Being so fair skinned I have always been pretty good about wearing sunscreen, but I know I can be better. I am looking forward to trying out this brand - especially during our family reunion at the lake.

A few of you have already been asking about future swaps. Be sure to follow the Crystal Cattle Facebook page or my blog for details about the new swap. I was a little bummed out that we had a very participants leave their partners high and dry this time. I've been brainstorming on how to get around this and really not sure if there is a way. It takes a lot of time to partner everyone up, but I love seeing everyone's tweets, Instagram photos and blog posts!

Now its is time to hear from all the other ladies that participated in the Beauty Swap. If your were a swapper post you link below and be sure to check out everyone else's favorite new beauty products. If you don't have a blog leave a comment below about your swap! 


8 comments:

  1. Thanks again for hosting such a fun swap! We all appreciate the time you spend and it's too bad that their are a few bad apples that ruin the experience for some people. Taysha sent some great stuff. Love that brush! It's perfect for contouring, I actually used it this morning! I'm intrigued about the mask and will definitely be checking it out next time I'm in Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got great products and lots of them. It is always fun to try out new stuff that we are to timid to purchase ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, I am glad that you enjoyed the swap! Have fun with your new products.

      Delete
  3. Love the items you got! I need to check out that sunscreen - we use CeraVe cream a lot (it's highly recommended by our dermatologist) so I bet we'd like the sunscreen. Thanks again for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, Tay is pretty much the bomb. You got put with a pretty sweet partner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I obviously unable to run the Mac this evening. I'm blaming the 6 hours of sleep in 2 days and teething babies. :)

    I had so much fun with this swap! Laura was a great partner and such a busy lady! She holds down a full time job, designs branding irons, has kids and participates in mounted shooting sports!

    Banana Boat sunscreen - I'm excited to try this sunscreen out as it is advertised to brush away sand easily. My kids literally have 2000 lbs of sand in their sandbox, this will come in handy!

    Sinful Colors in Amethyst - I'm not a nail person, I have actually came to terms with that recently. I have always envied those ladies who always have their nails done. Let's face it, my hands get in some dirty places, from scraping food off the floor to cleaning out the livestock trailer. I wash a ton of bottles and zippy cups every day and can go from making a bottle for my 9 mo old to making a package up of electrolytes for a calf. Plus with 2 kids in diapers, there is a lot of poopy diapers going around and none of that is pretty (I should really stop chewing my nails). BUT my this nail polish has lasted a whole week! CRAZY! The craziest thing is that Mr. Farmer even complimented my painted nails and it is springtime! Typically nice complements and planting season don't go together! I may have to keep my nails painted!

    NPW Nail Polish Remover Pads - I haven't used these yet but they smell oh so good! :)

    Loreal Magic Perfecting Base - This primer has worked out well of me this past week. I just recently ran out of my Smashbox primer and this is working great.

    Milani Eye Shadow in Gold Metallic and primer - This Urban Basics girl has worn metallic gold eye shadow for a whole week. BOOM! Thank you Pinterest for showing me how to use this color! It was a tad bit intimidating but I am loving it! The primer is really helping my make up last all day. My little herd of farm kids and can stay outside for 5+ hours at a time and at the end of the day it looks like I have on zilch, nadda, nothing. I will definitely being using this primer in my everyday routine!

    Revlon HD lipstick in Magnolia - This is my favorite product! I LOVE IT! I don't wear lip color at all, not even a gloss. I am not confident in my decision making skills in order to pick out a color that looks best for me. This color is amazing! It gives a hint of color and goes on quickly! I may branch out after this tube...or maybe just get a hold of Laura and her pick me out a color!

    This beauty swap was so much fun! I loved getting to know a fellow aggie and learn more about beauty supplies! Who needs Ipsy or Birchbox when you have Crystal Cattle!

    Until Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Crystal!! So excited to give some insight on what I received from my awesome partner Shelly Piper! She was great at taking my random ramblings in our emails, and converting that info into products I didn't even realize I was missing out on! I posted a picture of everything I received on instagram @sonja_lapak, so you can check that out as well!
    One of my favorite products is the e.l.f. kabuki face brush! Who knew that a bargain brush could be so great! I have been putting on my Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation with the brush and the coverage and weightlessness that the brush provides are pretty dang great! I also received e.l.f. lip exfoliator which has been interesting. Not a product I have ever used, but I am seeing results so that's great! Shelly also hooked me up with Rimmel Kate lipstick and a Nars lip crayon, because I mentioned that I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to lip color. These are BOLD and are definitely pushing my comfort zone...but I have been trying, so that's a start! I also love the spring colors of NYC nail polish I received. She also gave me a mini benefit They're Real! Mascara and impressed is an understatement! Lashes for dayss! Last, but definitely not least, she gave me a Sephora face cleansing brush and a sample of FAB Face Cleanser. Using this combo on my face has been a great addition to my skincare routine. These products are great at removing dirt, exfoliating, and making my skin super smooth, without drying it out or irritating it... So that is a major win in my eyes! I would sum it up by saying Shelly did great!! Loved this beauty swap and am eager for another one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these swaps as always - can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...