Saturday, March 14, 2015

Beauty Swap: 30th Birthday Edition

I am turning 30...this week! There is something that just made that a lot more real as I typed it. I am pretty sure I don't have a problem turning 30. I've accomplished some pretty amazing things in these 30 years. There are also some things that I thought I would have had done by now, but that is ok. I guess that is what act two and three are for. What kind of reaction did you have when you turned 30, or maybe you are still approaching? Thankful the Boy turned 30 last summer, so he's slightly ahead of me.

If you have been following Crystal Cattle for awhile you'll know that I love make-up. And for those that are new I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with wearing lipstick or mascara while working on our farm. The cows certainly don't seem to mind. And since it is my birthday it seemed like a perfect time for another swap.

My Crystal Cattle Beauty Swaps are an opportunity to meet women from all over the country (we've had some Canadian girls swap too), and get to try out beauty products that we might not necessary buy for ourselves. I am pretty sure stock in EOS lip balm, Benefit Fakeup concealer and Neutrogena make-up removal wipes have all risen since the beginning of our beauty swaps.

So how does a Beauty Swap work? Once you have signed up we’ll pair you with another beauty loving blogger (or someone that enjoys Twitter or Instagram). You’ll have a little bit of time to get to know your new social media friend, and then you’ll send each other a gift of beauty products. Sign up for the Beauty Swap will take place March 14-March 23, 2014. I’ll send out the pairings by March 24. Get to know your partner and then be sure to get your package in the mail by April 6. It is really important to follow these deadlines as we have had a few Beauty Swappers send their packages off and get nothing in return :(

Once you have received your box start testing out your new beauty product. We'll host a link up on April 22. It is fun to link up and read all about everyone else's finds. Here are link ups from Beauty Swap IBeauty Swap IIBeauty Swap IIIBeauty Swap IV and Beauty Swap V.  You don't have to have a blog to participate, but we do ask that you have a social media way to communicate and join in on the fun. Use the hashtag #ccbeautyswap on Twitter or Instagram. Below is a list of a few rules and guidelines. I ask that you try and stick to the rules as closely as possible.

1. Follow the Crystal Cattle blog and Facebook page
2. Email your partner within 72 hours of receiving your match. If you haven’t heard from your match after three days are up, let Crystal know and we’ll try and pair you with someone else.
3. Be sure to ask your partner questions about their likes and disklikes, products they like to use, skin tone, preferred colors, etc. or maybe they want to be surprised!
4. Each box should contain a min. of $20 worth of product. Please include one full size item. You may also include samples of products with your one full size item. (I really encourage you to look at some of the past Beauty Swap Reviews to get an idea of how much to send/spend).
5. Items must be new, unless you’ve discussed this with your partner. (Perhaps she loves purple nail polish and you have bottle you know you won’t use anymore.)
6. Packages must be shipped by April 6. If possible it is a good idea to get a tracking number incase something gets lost.
7. Once you receive your package create a post revealing what you received and link up with us on April 22.
8. Since this Beauty Swap coincides with my 30th birthday, think of ways you can incorporate the number 30 (30 M&M, 30 hair elastics, etc).
8. If you do not follow the rules you may forfeit you right to participate in future Beauty Swaps. Crystal Cattle has the right to refuse participation for any reason.

Click here to sign up! 

And if you need some ideas of what past Beauty Swap packages have looked like check out the new Beauty Swap Pinterest page


3 comments:

  1. Yay for another swap! And congrats on turning 30....I had a bit of a hard time but then the day passes and you realize that it's just a number and that life is just about living the dream....no matter what age you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice Darcy. Yes, the day came and went and it was just another number. I feel so grown up now that I can say I am in my 30s!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting patiently for another swap since I didn't get to participate last time... too close to all my Christmas in the Country stuff. So excited! Also, not yet 30, but you're handling it much better than I think I would!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...