Monday, November 25, 2013

Hunk of Meat Monday: Nothing Hamburger, Cream and a Jalapeño can't fix

Lately, I have been on a Pioneer Woman recipe kick. I was really wanting to make this Spicy Macaroni and Cheese recipe however there were a couple little problems. 1. I had no macaroni (maybe a big problem). 2. I only had a green pepper, and the boy doesn't like corn or red onions. 3. I really wanted to incorporate hamburger into the meal. So what does one do? Well you make up your own recipe!

Cheesy, Spicy Hamburger and Spaghetti (the Boy helped me come up with the name)

Ingredients
4 cups of spaghetti (or about half the box if you are guestimating)
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1 tablespoon butter
1 green pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño, finely diced
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup cream 
1 cup (or a little more) grated Pepper Jack cheese
Salt & Pepper

Break pasta into thirds and boil until al dente. Make sure you water is salted well. 

In skillet, add olive oil and butter. Saute garlic and vegetables over medium heat for a couple minutes. 

In a second skillet brown hamburger, seasoning with salt and pepper. When hamburger is almost browned add the green chilies and vegetable mixture. (You could probably just use one skillet, cooking the hamburger first and then adding the vegetables. However, I haven't experimented with this yet.)

Add pasta to hamburger mixture. Pour on cream and then cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together and let the flavors meld together for a few minutes before serving.

With Thanksgiving this is a great time to think about all the people you are thankful for. I am thankful for agriculture because not only has it give me a job, it also is my passion. I am also thankful for the beef farmers, dairyman, and vegetable growers that made this meal possible!

p.s. sorry for no picture on this one. I wasn't sure how the recipe would turn out so I didn't take one before we ate. And then the next day we ate the leftovers so fast I forgot! 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...