Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today I won't be voting

No sticker for me. 

Today is a big day, election day. However, I won't be casting my ballot. Why? I am not an American citizen. I am working towards it (I'm Canadian), and hopefully in the next election I will have the opportunity. I still have an opinion on who should win, and I know who I would be casting my vote for but it won't be happening this year.

Since I don't have any say in the outcome one thing I have concluded to is that no matter who ends up being President I am still responsible for my own success. Yes, there maybe additional obstacles to overcome depending on who wins, but that doesn't mean that I can't strive to achieve success in my family, career, community and on our farm. I won't use government as a crutch.

I hope you'll get out and vote today because you have that privilege and I don't.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that more people shared some of your thoughts on not using the government as a crutch. I hope you'll be able to vote in the next election as well! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...