Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A week of Instagram: Very Thankful

It's a thankful time of year. 

It's another two weeks of Instagram photos. I've been seeing a lot of Facebook statuses of things people are thankful for this year and I think the pictures below are a good representation of things I am grateful this week and all year long.

Flying over Iowa
I've been traveling again. This time Missouri, Oklahoma, and Indiana. When I look down on all that farmland I am thankful that I have a really cool job, raising food for other families. I am all thankful for all the other people out there that also choose farming as their occupation. If you are on Twitter consider using the hashtag #foodthanks to show your thanks to farmers through the holiday season.

Fried pickles
Sometimes it is the little things you are thankful for like your favorite food. These fried pickles from the So Long Saloon in Manhattan are probably in my top five. In the middle is their cream cheese ranch. To. Die. For.  

Symphony on top and Celeste on the bottom
I am thankful for these heifers. 1. Because working on cattle means spending time with the Boy. 2. cattle are my passion, and make me happy. 3. They will provide income for us when we sell them in February, and that income means buying a farm next summer!


I am thankful for to be recognized by my peers. The Crystal Cattle blog was nominated again this year as a Top Cattle Blog in the Best of the Barns Awards. You can help me clinch the title by voting for me   in Category 11.

The Boy and I on our way to our immigration interview.

I am grateful to have an awesome husband. I posted on my Facebook page that Monday was our immigration interview for my residency, and it went awesome! I sent in a couple more documents when we got home and now we are really close. I promise I will share all the details as soon as I have that green card in my hand. The Boy has been by me every step of the way. Couldn't find a better reason than him for wanting to live in the U.S.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends, and have just as much or more to be thankful for this year.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for the immigration process for you!
    I am a fried pickle addict. Classic 50's in Norman, OK has the best I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...