Monday, November 5, 2012

A new way to farm

And having a little FUN while we do it. 

Last week I was featured on a website called www.FarmOn.com. They are an amazing resource for particularly young people in agriculture. The website is full of interviews, videos, workshops and more for those who are looking for advice on making your farm more successful or getting into farming. Topics include time manage, business plans, marketing through farmer's markets, social media advice, the list goes on.

In my post I shared information about the crop side of the Boy and I's farm. In additional to our Hereford cattle we also grow corn. However, we farm a little differently than most of our neighbors as we are involved in a farming group called Farmers United Network aka FUN. It has been an awesome way for us to grow our farm, learn from others, and not overextend ourselves financially.

I hope you'll check out the article and be sure to let me know if you have any questions.


3 comments:

  1. What a great article!! I would love to do that about our grape/raisin farming and our sheep on the side. I need to look over the website, seems like a great resource for a lot of different aspects of farming.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I would definitely check it out. Also, Chris Barron that helps lead the group is involved with a lot of Farm Journal events and often does speaking its about the group. He is a wonderful resource.

      Delete
  2. Yes, fantastic article Crystal. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    Raisins and sheep sounds like an interesting combination! Where is your farm located Amy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...