Monday, April 16, 2012

Wedding: Cow Pretzel Sticks

A little chocolate, a little cow

The Boy and I for quite a while thought that we wouldn't do favors at our wedding. I have watched far too many wedding favors go unused or never taken home, and thought that maybe it would just be better to forego the favors... that was until I saw these.


That's right cow sprinkles! I knew instantly that I could use these sprinkles to make my starting to be famous pretzel sticks. They were a pretty big hit at Christmas. 


I added additional white sprinkles to the cow sprinkles to make them go a little further. I found all my sprinkles through The Baker's Kitchen, except for the longer white sprinkles that had an iridescent shimmer to them. Those ones came from Hobby Lobby. You can find them also at Jo Ann's fabrics, but Hobby Lobby was better price wise. 

Jon's Grandma Johnson.
Jon's Great Franke, Jon's Grandma Judy and my mom. 
After a couple hours of dipping, sprinking and wrapping we had 350 pretzel sticks made. Luckily I had the help of three generations of family. Me, my mom, my mother in law, two of the Boy's grandmas and a great aunt of the Boy's. 

I use regular melting chocolate for the pretzel sticks. and use a spoon to help spread the chocolate on three quarters of the stick. Next lay the stick on a cookie sheet that has been covered with wax paper. Next use a spoon to sprinkle your "sprinkle concoction" over the sticks. Don't worry about the extras that don't stick, you'll be able to re use them. Place your cookie sheets in the fridge and allow to set for a couple of minutes. Once you pop the hardened sticks off the wax paper they are ready for wrapping. You'll be able to add the extra sprinkles back to the your stash of sprinkles to reuse. 


We used Wilton pretzel stick bags from Jo Ann Fabrics, and then tied with Jute Twine from BurlapFabric.com. Their jute comes in HUGE rolls, but trust me if you are going to incorporate burlap into your wedding you'll want a lot. 

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Those are really cute and I am sure tasty as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool! And, it's even more special that so many family members got into the action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them...and the fact that the memories of creating them will be with you forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. That was one of the best parts.

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love it...definitely personalized with the cow sprinkles! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! They look great. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most important question: what brand are / where did you get those turquoise mixing bowls?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! They look pretty yummy and the cow sprinkles add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...