Monday, March 5, 2012

Hunk of Meat Monday: Honey Garlic Pork Loin

Get in my belly. 

We are definitely a beef, bacon and shrimp kind of household. However, you have to spice it up every now and then. So last week I brought home a pork loin, and decided to modify a Pinterest Recipe I found. I love this recipe because it only requires 4 ingredients! Booyah.

Ingredients:

1 pork loin - I sliced the loin into 1 inch medallions (this gave me six medallions)
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp soy sauce - I use the reduce sodium
6 cloves of garlic minced

In a glass baking pan whisk together the honey, soy sauce and garlic. Coat pork loin medallions in mixture. I let my loins marinate for 6 hours, but I am pretty sure you could start cooking them right away.

Preheat oven to 375, and bake for 40 minutes, turning once. Once summer hits, I am also going to try these on the grill. Be sure that your pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 F. (The Boy says he'll never have to worry about me feeding him raw meat, because I'm in love with the meat thermometer!)

Once your meat has finished cooking, let is rest for a few minutes before plating. Letting meat rest is important. Why? Because if you attack the meat with you knife all the juices end up on the cutting board or your plate instead of your mouth!

I served the pork loin over Uncle Ben's rice, which my good friend informed me is rice grown in Arkansas or Mississippi. She said if you are looking for other U.S. brands of rice choose Minute Rice or Mahtma, which are Texas/Louisiana and Arkansas grown. #thankafarmer Happy cooking!

4 comments:

  1. We have made this before too! Aren't pinterest recipes the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this one yet, but I think this might be what's for dinner tonight! Good to know it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a similar recipe on the grill with the addition of tequila and chili powder - gives it a really interesting, complex flavor. I love some good pork (I'm biased)

    Love seeing the recipes you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Totally just pinned that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...