Friday, December 2, 2011

The meat cutting chart

Oh Pinterest

Have you noticed the plethora of meat cutting charts on Pinterest lately? If not don't worry that is what I am hear for to point the good stuff out. Not only are these charts giving you an education in where your meat is coming from, but they are also a great decorating piece for any kitchen or home.


Beef Butcher Cutting Chart from Etsy. If beef isn't your thing, don't worry this store sells chicken, lamb, pork and fish (yes fish) cutting charts, and they've got a deal for you buy three get one free. 


Another artistic beef chart, but what is with the horns again? It is actually better for cattle to be dehorned at a young age. There is less chance of injury to the people handing the cattle, the cattle have less chance of injuring themselves or others, and it cause less bruising of the meat. Meat bruising equal low meat quality.


I love classic beef posters like this meat market poster also found on easy. 


If you are looking for a tried and true beef cutting chart I love this one from www.beefretail.org. They also have mini and bilingual version. 


Another sample is this beef chart from the American Angus Association. When I used to work at the Association we would send hundreds of these out each year. I love that this chart and the one above not only show what the cut of meat looks like, but it also tells you how it should be cooked. You can order this beef cutting cart here

Happy beef eating! 


11 comments:

  1. This is great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I'm definetly going to get one framed for my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the different looking charts. I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chalk drawing! That is awesome!
    - Erin Brown, www.defendingveggies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top one to frame as kitchen decor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the chalk drawing would be perfect in a kitchen. They are quite inexpensive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw some of that infographic too in pinterest. You can follow me there. Just search DeBruycker Charolais. I will surely entertain you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these meat cut charts! I just ordered this Charcoal Cow Butchery Diagram Print from Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/listing/62576222/charcoal-cow-butchery-diagram-print) as well as the pig and lamb versions! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get them you'll have to send me a picture! I think they are too cute.

      Delete
  10. The importance of online meat services in present market :-
    If you are a top buy kobe beef online or best class by the way of found fan of meat ship the online is until the end of time a top or best kobe beef in usa class option. There are huge on wagyu steaks part online serves coming up in life by the way of one such is to buy kobe beef and the main online ordering of meat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...