Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Off to Australia

I love Oz

Actually, today I am not going to Australia. However, it was a year ago today that I was packing my bags to hop on a plane to Australia. I spent one of the most memorable months of my life in that wonderful country.

Although, I missed the Boy terribly, and it was an odd feeling to be so out of touch with my friends and family I would go back in a heartbeat. And I've already told the Boy that next time he is coming with me.

So since I have been reminiscing I am declaring this week Australia week! At least the next couple of days. First we'll reminisce about the posts I wrote while I was there, and then I'll share some more good stuff with you!

Selling Australian Cattle - this was an awesome day at an Australia auction market.

They sure do like chicken in Australia - chicken plus chips equals an odd combination. I loved all the lamb, beets on sandwiches and burgers, and Tim Tams I ate in Australia, but there was no way I was eating chicken flavored chips.

Koalas, Kangaroo and Dingos oh my - now you can't visit Australia without seeing a Kangaroo. However, my family found it a little harder than we originally thought. For a short time we thought that all we had heard about seeing kangaroos everywhere was just a ploy to get us to Australia.

The Australia Feedlot - besides surfing, one of my favorite parts of my trip was visiting an Australia feedlot. This was a very progressive feedlot in Australia, and I was impressed with the quality of care for the cattle and the cattle themselves. There is actually a Part 1 and Part 2 to this post. Plus, I got to spend the day with my awesome friends Shelly and Matt.

5 comments:

  1. Ummm can you bring me back a cute lil Kuala bear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I've always wanted to see Australia, but unless we win the lottery, I'll just be happy to see it on TV.
    I do hope you get to go again. Look forward to the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, how did you get so lucky? I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, I sold some embryos over there when I was in college and promised myself that I would always go. When I started my job out of college I said I would only go if they gave me an month off to go. It was a fantastic trip. I'll be doing another post today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...