Monday, November 29, 2010

Cattle and Elephant - creative advertising

Thinking outside the box


I remember on my first trip to the American Angus Association I came across the "elephant ad" in their library, and thought now that's original. The ad was clear, and it made a point. Exotic cattle - Simmental, Charolais, Salers, etc., were too big, and Angus was a good solution.


I am Angus featured the campaign that was developed in 1984, and ran for two years before they decided that making fun of other breeds should stop. My family was raising those elephants at the time - Simmental cattle to be exact. After watching the champion drive in the Simmental female show at Agribition I am glad and excited about the improvements that our breed has made, and can certainly say we don't have anymore of those elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...