Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No more Yellowtail for me thank-you HSUS

I prefer Little Penguin

This is your animal activist alert - they have done it again! HSUS has used their sad "puppy dog and kitty cat, but actually don't run any animal shelters" faces to convince Yellowtail wines to be a part of the team. Well, Yellowtail (even though there unfortunately is a bottle waiting to be drank on my counter, but is now going in the trash) we are not on the same team anymore.

According to the Human Society of the U.S.'s website Yellowtail wines and HSUS have partner together for the "tails for tails" program.


Through the end of March, you'll see special [yellow tail] displays bearing The HSUS name and logo in stores across the country.
Through "tails for tails," [yellow tail] is donating $100,000 to support us and our programs to help animals, including our Spay Day Online Pet Photo Contest. What better way to celebrate your own pet than by sharing your animal companion's photo.
I think if I wanted to celebrate my pets life I would donate to my LOCAL Humane Society and make a donation in their honor, not give HSUS more money so they can continue their crusade against animal agriculture. Anyone know of a good cowboy wine out there?

7 comments:

  1. Bummer about Yellowtail..I liked that! But yes, I do know a good cowboy wine! But the bottle is at home and I can't think of the name right now at work...will respond later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a good wine. It's really sweet, but its a smooth drinker...
    http://www.housejamwine.com/ I'm guessing next, Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood will do an celebrity spot for Yellowtail and HSUS as the same time. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, oh man. Thanks for the info. May I link your info over on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more offended by how terrible Yellowtail wines taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone that has commented before. It is important that we use our networks to spread these messages. Anyone is more than welcome to link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's an article you maybe in interested in. Seems HSUS purchased shares of Steak 'n Shake and Jack in the Box restaurants, according to Meatingplace.com. You can read it at http://advocatesforag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is very interesting news - thanks for sharing. As you know - we love our wine and this "was" my backup wine for any occassion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...