Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And the farmers fight back!

Making a statement.

So I actually saw this photo over on another blog Beechy Keen City. The photo definitely evoked my curiosity so I decided to get to the bottom. Back in October, 2,500 farmers from across the EU staged a protest in Brussels, according to Telegraph.co.uk. Their main concern - fluctuation in milk prices due to the fact that the EU is slowly trying to remove production quotas to create more of a free market.

The farmers came in droves with their cattle and tractors wrecking havoc in the city streets. I don't quite agree with what the farmers are protesting about (I'm a free market kind of girl), however it got me thinking - what if next time PETA or HSUS staged one of it's ridiculous stunts or protests we go after them with our cows? I mean really what would one of those crazy activists do if they were sprayed with milk (or the poison, pus, etc., that they like to refer to it as). It was at least be good for a laugh.


An EU farmers sprays a Brussels police officer as he protests the fall in milk prices. Photo: AFP/GETTY IMAGES.

For a more sensible way to protest (it also includes milk) check out this story from Advocates for Agriculture. And to see what I thought of AA's talk at the Range Beef Cow Symposium click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...