Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Easy Heart Shaped Cupcakes

Last week in my Facebook scrolling I came across the most adorable heart shaped cupcakes posted by my friend and Pampered Chef consultant Anne McMillan. She was highlighted the Pampered Chef brownie pan, which of course I have because due to hosting a Pampered Chef bridal shower almost seven years ago I have EVERYTHING Pampered Chef and I ain't complaining.

Instead of running out and purchasing a heart-shaped cupcake pan, a small ball of tinfoil transforms ordinary cupcakes or brownies into the perfect heart shape.

Anne's preference for boxed brownies is the Philsbury brand, but if you are looking for something lighter than brownies she recommends this Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix in oil, beaten eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Bring water and margarine to a boil and then combine with mixture.


Use the Pampered Chef Small Scoop (1 teaspoon scoop) to fill cupcake liners. The key to make sure you don't fill the liners up too much so that batter doesn't rise above the liner once baked. Once the batter is in the liner place a small ball of tinfoil in one of the corners. Bake for 16 minutes at 350 degrees.

You should easily dress these up with icing, but I choose to go the sprinkle route. One of my favorite things to do is to mix sprinkles to make my own custom blend. These cow sprinkles are one some of my favorites and I have loved using them on chocolate dipped pretzel sticks.

I can't wait to hear how you use this idea. Whether you need a sweet treat for Valentine's Day, bridal shower or just because I know these will be a hit.

This post was not sponsored my Pampered Chef. I just really like all of their kitchen gadgets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...