1. Obviously, sunscreen is a must. I've kind of bounced around from brand to brand but last year on a trip to Hawaii I tried Sun Bum and loved it. It dried quick and didn't make my skin feel greasy. Regardless of which sunscreen you choose I HIGHLY recommend it buying it home and brining it with you. Resorts jack the price of sunscreen way up because they know they can get you.
2. I am little more selective about sunscreen on my face because I don't need a massive breakout on vacation. For years I have used Clinique Super City Block SPF 40. It has a bit of tint to it, and works awesome alone or underneath a BB Cream or foundation. I've talked to the Sephora experts a lot about sun care and here are two recommendations from them
- Your foundation, moisturizer, make-up, etc might have an SPF of blah it won't be effective all day so you need to continue to reapply throughout the day.
- When applying your beauty products you should apply your moisturizer first, then sunscreen, then printer, and then your foundation.
- My good old standby is Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. If I actually remember to use this everyday it really does build a nice tan for me. Just remember to wash you hands really well after each use.
- Last year I started using the Clairins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster. You put a few drops in your facial moisturizer or foundation and it help build that gradual glow. Love the stuff, and a bottle last a REALLY long time.
- I've tried a lot of the aerosol spray tans and the one I have fallen in love with is A Bliss Tan for All Seasons. This stuff is pretty fool proof and gives me a nice bronzed look. It is best to spray it on in the shower because it does kind of get everywhere. It take a few hours for the color to develop fully so I like to do this the day before a big event.
4. Keeping make-up minimal. I'm not too proud to admit it. I like to through a little make-up on before I head to the pool. On this trip I am trying a few new products including Anastasia Dipbrow, Make-Up Forever HD Blush in Fawn (I'm loving this stuff), and Kat Von D Tattoo Liner to keep me looking pulled together. I'll report back after the trip.
5. Carry it on or check a bag? So far I've been to Punta Cana and Hawaii twice and I have still never just made it without checking a bag. One thing I always make sure I do when checking my bags is a bring a small carryon with a swimsuit, hat and sunscreen in it. That way if my luggage is delayed, we can't check into our room yet, etc. I still will have everything I need to get on the beach ASAP.
What are your favorite beach products. Anything I need to rush out and purchase ASAP? I wish I could find a good lipstick or gloss with SPF.
If you liked this post check out my 6 Tips for Better Air Travel.