Recently, a friend of mine reached out because she was making her first trip to a MAC make-up store. There really is nothing better than all those beautiful little black boxes and vivid rows of eyeshadows. She wanted to know what my favorite products were, and that got me thinking. Even though I have mentioned some of my favorite products here, here and in Beauty Swap posts I had never wrote a blog post on my absolute favorites. So here we go!
1. Prep + Prime Skin - This is one of my all time favorite MAC products. I can't count how many times I have reordered this product that I have been using since high school. Primer is one of the most important parts of make-up. It protects your skin, smooths out any fine lines or imperfections and helps keep your make-up in place. I've tired the MAC Prep + Prime with an SPF in it and I don't like it as much. I have also tried the Prep + Prime Natural Radiance and I still love this original formula.
2. Fluidline - This is my go to eyeliner. It is a creamy formula that you apply with a eyeliner brush. If you want your eyeliner to stay put all day this is the product for you. I like both the Blacktrack for black, and Dipdown for brown.
3. Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Unlimited - This is my favorite lipstick EVER. I am pretty sure I will be 90 years old and still wearing this lipstick. The color in the picture I don't think is very accurate. If you've seen any of my Instagram or Facebook pictures it is the rose pinky color I often have on. This lipstick literately lasts all day, but has a super creamy formula. I like a lot of other MAC lipsticks, but don't wear them too often because they don't have the staying power of the Pro Longwear formula.
4. Powder Blush: MAC's blushes were one of the first MAC products I wore. I love the staying power of their blushes, and they last forever. I am pretty sure I have had this current one called Melba for almost two years and there is still a ton of product left.
5. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly - This is another product that I wear religiously. MAC has a eyelid primer but I prefer the Paint Pot. The Paint Pots are actually a cream eye shadow. However, since Painterly is so neutral it is the perfect base for my eye shadow. It covers the red in my skin, allows my eyeshadow color to be truer and keeps my eye shadow in place all day. On days that I don't want to do my whole make-up I'll just apply a little of this product with my finger tip, and throw on my eyeliner and/or mascara. Again, this little pot will also last forever!
So what didn't make the list? I love all the MAC eyeshadows so it is really hard for me to choose a favorite. Your best bet it to go to a store and try them on. The make-up artist will likely suggest 3-4 to wear together. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with MAC mascaras. Sometimes I love them, sometimes I hate them and find other brand to wear. I had been a long time lover of MAC's foundations, but recently I've been wearing a NARs foundation. Do you wear MAC? What are some of your favorite products