Thursday, June 18, 2015

Farming Simulator Game Review: I Never Wanted to be a Farmer

I didn't grow up like most farmers. I didn't play with tractors or ever imagine what it must be like to drive them in real life. I was going to either A) be in the NBA or B) work for my family's plastics company. As luck would have it by age 13 I hadn't grown tall or become skilled enough to chase my NBA dream, and my family sold its plastics company. I remember thinking it's ok, you're still a kid with plenty of time to figure this out, while still worrying about the future. Then I got my first Hereford show heifer and my world changed again. I now had a purpose, a goal and a passion. No matter how winding the path has been since I knew where I'd end up and that is right where I am now. I am a Farmer.

Now I told you all of that to give you some perspective as to what you are going to read in my review of the video game Farming Simulator15. Usually my wife the lovely Crystal Cattle herself rolls her eyes when I tell her I'm going to play video games, but one day she actually told me that I had to! I got excited and got ready to go down to our new basement and play NBA 2K15 because that is what video games are for, to escape reality for a bit and turn your brain off. Then she told me I was going to be farming on my PS3 instead of dunking on everyone in my path. For once Crystal was given something via the blog that I could use! 

Farming Simulator 15 is one of the most realistic games I have ever played. I started out with the American farm in the career mode over Europe, because I am American and very proud of that so why on earth would I pick Europe? Well it turns out that if you want to learn what you need to do in the game you need to start off on the European map. After learning the ropes I returned to America and started living the dream. Kind of like what many of our ancestors did. 

You start out with a wheat field ready to harvest. I found that you can hire a worker to drive the combine while you go and get the grain cart to get the grain from the field and to the bin. Once you get the field harvested you can also hire someone to till the field and to plant it as well as spread the fertilizer. This is where Farming Simulator 15 got to be a little too real for me, you see in real life I drive the grain cart as well. It turns out you can hire every other job done in Farming Simulator 15 as well as in real life but the cart, at least I can't figure out how to. Hiring someone to drive the grain cart in real life is also the thing I can't seem to hire someone to do either! 

I would say Farming Simulator 15 is very relaxing and an all around enjoyable experience. There are some technical parts of Farming Simulator 15 that I'm not sure little kids would be good at. On the other hand kids are way smarter than many of my friends or I were in our younger days. If I were to change Farming Simulator 15 I would add a few more analytical tools such as cost of production, a chart to view past and present commodity prices and trends, among others. Modern farming is so much more than simply driving a tractor. I would also add beef cattle but I'm sure that's just because that is the way Crystal and I farm. 

If you are someone who has ever dreamed of being a Farmer this game is for you. All of the fun of farming with none of the real life stress! Farming is not something I planned on doing but it is now what I love. Farming Simulator 15 is a great taste of what it is like to be a Farmer.

And now for the fun part we have a copy to give you! It is a version for Xbox 360. To enter all you have to do is comment below with what you love about farming, or if you aren't currently a farmer what you would raise or grow if you could farm. I'll randomly select a winner on June 26 at 8:00 a.m. 

Disclaimer: We received a free copy of Farming Simulator 15 for review, however all opinions are our own. 

5 comments:

  1. I love raising our Angus cattle and watching the little calves grow throughout the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the work ethic my children are learning from the farm. My favorite part of the farm is definitely the cows and their calves and my favorite season is harvest time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I hope this isn't a duplicate -- I tried to comment twice last night with no luck!)

    My husband would love this game! We don't farm but hope to run cattle on wheat pasture eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Cricket Games we have all the free Cricket Games inspired by the great game of Cricket. play Cricket Games now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this game so much, I've tried mod money in here http://www.57apk.net/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...