- One chocolate cake (I usually just pick a box chocolate cake. You'll likely need eggs and oil to make the cake according to recipe).
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1-2 tubs of Cool Whip (I really like Cool Whip so I used two). If you are feeling extra fancy you can use real whipping cream.
1. Bake the chocolate cake accruing to instructions, and then let cool
2. Tear the chocolate cake into chunks and set aside in a bowl
3. In a large salad or dessert bowl put down a layer of Cool Whip, then a layer of cake, then a layer of cherry pie, repeat until all of the ingredients are used. I like to end with a layer of Cool Whip. If you want to dress up the dessert add some chocolate shaving to the top.
The last time I made this recipe I didn't need all of the chocolate cake. So I put the remaining cake in a freezer bag and froze it for the next time I want to make the recipe.