Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Real Life Social Media Friends

The past few days the Boy and I have been in Vegas for the National Finals Rodeo. It was a bit of a last minute trip, but we had been looking forward to the seeing the rodeo, the food, shopping and seeing if Lady Luck was going to show up. However, there was another reason why I was really excited about the trip.

Meeting online social media friends in real life.

My blog and other social media accounts have served as a Match.com set up for me finding like minded women. Women that are passionate and driven. They have to be open minded. They have to love clothing and make-up. They don't have to be farmers, but they do have to have an appreciation for those that grow and raise food.

I guess if there was a Match.com for finding girlfriends that is how my profile would read. Darcy and Myla are two of the gals that have fit the criteria. I can't remember how we all began connecting. I think Darcy actually might have found my blog first, and I think I found Myla's blog through a comment she left on another blog I was reading. Now I enjoy reading there posts or tweets each week, and I really felt like I "know them."

However, our status has changed to official. A few weeks ago e found out we were all going to be in Vegas the same time. So Monday morning us three social media friends, our husbands and a few other travel partners got together for breakfast. We talked for three hours and I am pretty sure could have gone on for longer!


Topic ranged from boots and make-up, to artificially inseminating cows, to our love of agriculture. Online isn't such a bad place to meet and make friends. So thanks girls for the awesome time and I can't wait for the next social media friends that I get to meet in person.   

Now go check out 
Darcy's blog - Success is Reason Enough 
Myla's blog - Purple Front Door


5 comments:

  1. This is so fun!! Love that you all got to meet up and in Vegas, no less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to meet! Seriously - such a good experience, glad we could make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Vegas all week too! Just left this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to have to get you in on the meet up action next year! Hope you had an awesome trip too.

      Delete
  4. I had complete faith in us girls becoming fast friends, but I was SO IMPRESSED that the crickets didn't take up residence at the "boy's" table! It was a blast and I'm so glad that it worked out to get together... and now your Boy can't joke about your blogging "friends"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...