Monday, September 1, 2014

The Perfect Whipping Cream Sandwich

I'll let you in on a secret. I actually don't like ice cream. Yup, it's true. Here's another secret. I LOVE whipping cream, and it's even better frozen. Give me a spoon and a tub of frozen cool whip and you are going to have one happy girl on your hands.

We spent our long weekend catching up on work at the farm and spending quite a bit of time with our family, including throwing a baby shower for my sister-in-law (pictures to come). One evening the subject of whipping cream desserts came up and the Boy's Grandma shared her love of whipping cream sandwiches. I had seen them on Pinterest before so I decided it was time to give them a shot.

And they were amazing.

I didn't really follow a recipe. A made a few by taking Cool Whip and mixed in mini chocolate chips. Another batch was about a cup of Cool Whip and two tablespoons of peanut butter, with M&Ms. The family also decided that bananas or strawberries mixed into the Cool Whip would be a great addition. I also saw one version that mixed chocolate pudding powder into the Cool Whip. You could also switch it up by using chocolate or cinnamon graham crackers.


One tub of Cool Whip makes 14-16 sandwhiches. If you are looking for a sweet treat, but wanting to cut a few calories you could use low fat or sugar free Cool Whip.


I am also a huge fan of sprinkles. You can see on the bottom two sandwiches I sprinkled a few sprinkles along the sides of the sandwich. Once the sandwiches are assembled stick them in your freezer. They took about an hour to set. 

I am thinking I might need to make a second batch to have in the freezer for those sweet tooth attacks!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun treat! You could even do cookies & cream sandwiches by combining crushed oreos into the cool whip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darcy, that is a great idea too! The fun part is that these are so quick to make that it is easy to make lots of variations all at one time.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...