When the Boy is gone it means I get to eat what I want. While searching on Pinterest I recently came across a Baked Avocado recipe, and it looked amazing. However, of course when I followed the link through there was no recipe just some ingredients. I figure what the heck, I'm not that bad of a cook, I can figure this out. So here is my recipe.
The Baked Avocado
1 ripe avocado (you definitely want them softer than harder
1/4 cup Italian or Panko bread crumbs
1/4 - 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 basil leave
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degree F
2. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Place on a lined baking pan.
3. Chop half of the tomato, and all of the basil leave and combine ingredients. Fill the hollow of the avocado with the mixture.
4. Sprinkle cheese over the face of the avocado, then bread crumbs, then cheese then bread crumbs. Remember the cheese will melt down quite a bit so more is better than less. (Isn't more cheese alway better anyways).
5. Squeeze a little lemon juice over your masterpiece, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 6 minutes. Remember you want to get the cheese melted, the bread crumbs a little toasty and the avocado warm.
|They'll look something like this before you bake.|