Friday, February 8, 2013

Update on Parker the Hereford Calf

Fridays are meant for cute calf pictures. 

I can't believe Friday is already here. It was an amazingly productive week, but I am really glad the weekend is just around the corner. So to help put a smile on everyone else's face let's look at a cute calf.

Last weekend we gave Parker, the Hereford bull calf that was supposed to be a girl, a new earring. Technically, that big white thing hanging from his ear is called an ear tag and we use it to I.D. the different calves. Yes, when you only have one it is pretty easy to tell who is who, but as we get more it is important to be able to identify them.


The 3Y is his mom's number and Rev stands for Revolution and that is his sire (father). 
Oh and that cute boy is my husband. 


Parker and his mom 3Y aka Teardrop chilling. 




7 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet little fella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! It doesn't get any more adorable!! I love to see the different thought processes behind people's tagging techniques. And baby Parker is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, the rest of the calves are getting numbers instead of names in their ears, but he is a special little guy.

      Delete
  3. New calves on the farm has always been my favorite part of raising livestock! That is certainly one thing I miss while I am in the city for college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to keep on posting calf photos for you.

      Delete
  4. Awwww. Just love baby cows. I like how Parker has the mark on his face like mama. Sweet pair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...