A recipe perfect for sharing.
Awhile ago I saw a Meatball Sub Recipe on Pinterest and thought that would be a great hearty meal.
I'm going to repost the recipe here, as the website it was on made it really hard to read and I have a few changes to it.
1 loaf of Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened (I used the 1/3 fat)
1/2 cup mayo
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb. pkg of frozen meatballs thawed (this is what the original recipe called for but I think I would increase this to maybe a 1.5 lbs.)
28 oz. jar pasta sauce
1 cup of water
1. Arrange bread slices in an ungreased 13"x9" backing pan. In a sperate bowl combine cream cheese, mayo and seasoning. Then spread over the bread slices.
2. Sprinkle 1 cups of cheese over the bread and filling mixture.
3. Mix together the meatballs, pasta sauce and water together. Spoon over cheese.
4. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese on top.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.