Friday, November 2, 2012

Setting your priotities

Being a grown-up means figuring things out. 

Best husband and friend ever.
Do you sometimes wonder how you are going balance or manage everything? To me things go God, family and then career. When I say or write it down it seems so clear. However, when you are living life things seem to get a little more jumbled.

God is truly number one. However, recently I had a conversation about the other two (family and career) with the Boy. The past three weeks there has been a lot going on. We are in the process of working on my residency. I'm a Canadian, and although I have been in the U.S. for nine years it has always been on student or work visas. Now that the Boy and I are married we are working on my residency. I really want to write a more in-depth post later on all about it. We also had the Boy's family's cattle dispersal. Which meant time in Oklahoma, a lot of hard work and lots of emotions both happy and sad. And then there has been three major work events in three weeks. Yes, it has been fun to see so many friends, support my family, watch new doors open and find success in my career but things are a little stressful at times, too.

Then add on top of it all my blog has suffered. I guess I'll just fall back on the rule to blogging that there are no rules. Therefore, the only pressure I have is the pressure on myself.

Exasperated, I told the Boy that whenever I seem to focus on family work suffers and when I focus on work it isn't fair to him or my family. Being the awesome person he is he simply said, "It's OK babe, I think these things take some time to figure out. I think you are doing an awesome job." Sigh of relief.

How to you manage all the balls up in the air, and how long does it take to figure these things out? Tough questions I guess. Good thing I got faith in the big guy at the top.



13 comments:

  1. I'm really trying to re-focus on managing everything.. but really spend time on the things that I think will help me the most and make me happy.

    I finally decided to start blogging again because it's important to me. I think it's all a learning cycle and it takes time to figure out.

    Hannah
    TheAmbitiousCattlegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think it takes time to figure out - and I'm pretty sure most people never figure it out completely, they just do the best that they can. Sounds like you a fantastic guy supporting you no matter what though, so I think you'll be ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I haven't blogged since the end of September. Since my blog isn't a money maker, I put my focus on faith, family, and work first. The blog comes last. But, since I use my phone daily, I post pictures to Instagram and Facebook all the time. I feel that is enough for now, until things slow down to get back to blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely takes time to figure out. I'm struggling with that to, but I just try to put my best foot forward each and every day. It's especially hard when I go back to my parents house (I moved 3.5 hours away) and my boyfriend is there too so it is really hard to split my time evenly between our two families. I like to pretend I have everything figured out and one day hopefully I will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my big benefit is being a stay at home mom. but that doesnt always make it easier. juggling married life, kids, school, farming and showing cattle is trying. but with support, faith and family it all works out. and sometimes you have to not do something, to do something else that is more important. you'll get it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I will have a lifetime to figure it all out. I am amazed by the families that balance kids on top of it all too!

      Delete
  6. Oh Sweet Girl... You will make it. If you have FAITH in The Good Lord - he will put you in the places you need to be and give you the tools to get things done. I can not even explain how trying 2012 has been for me professionaly, personally, physically, mentally - but the one thing I realized when I was journaling a couple of days ago is how much my TRUST in God has GROWN. I'm a list-maker & my FAITH has always been the first and foremost...even though sometimes I don't feel like it is. I've read books on prioritizing & organization, but it really falls back on what is important to you and what you can get done, at the time. Sometimes you have to cut something loose. Sometimes your blog suffers (mine has), but the time & the need find you when it needs to. You can't be Super Woman...even though you are a super woman. BE HAPPY in everything you do. That's my words of advice. I'm still figuring it out too, but I believe that if your intentions are good...nothing but good will come from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the good intentions part. I also think good things happen to good people!

      Delete
  7. It's a daily struggle to balance the daily madness. Just try and go to bed with a smile on your face. If you can do that, then you've had a successful day. Don't worry away tomorrow what you didn't get done today...just be glad there was a today. Let the good Lord be in charge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is an excellent philosophy!

      Delete
  8. Oh, Crystal. I feel you! I think it' s a constant struggle to try and figure this out and about the time you do, the balance changes on you. Good job John for being supportive!

    I'm cheering for your 'Cats again now (had to stop for a few hours on Saturday!)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I figure for as much as I cheered for OSU last year, you guys would be good at cheering for us this year.

      Delete
  9. I know that struggle all too well, I'm familiar with trying to be super woman one day & then pretty much having a melt down the next day because I tried to be super woman lol. It's a delicate balance but you will figure it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...