Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The silos came crashing down

In less than 8 seconds it was over. 

This weekend the Boy and I spent the majority of the weekend at the barn. We move into the Iowa State Fair on Saturday, where we will be showing five Hereford heifers (heifers are the girls). However, we got a call in the middle of the day saying we needed to get home because "you are going to want to see this."

In our farm yard is a grain storage facility that our family and a number of other farmers in the area use. However, in front of the newer grain bins sat two old cement bins. The bins were probably put up in the 1950s however they needed to come down because we no longer used them, and the extra room will allow for new improvements to the storage facility. 

A pair of Amish men came over to help take them down. And it went something like this. 


The Boy also took a few videos of the silo. 
The first time it didn't quite make it to the ground.



And then there was success. 

4 comments:

  1. very cool!!! Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but... I get so sad when these things come down. I remember when I cried my eyes out after they took out the silos at Spreckles Sugar in Manteca, CA! I'm such a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...crazy! I've never seen one come down before. Good luck to you guys at the fair! Have fun!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...