Monday, August 6, 2012

Raspberry Delight and Cowboy Boot Winner Annouced

Yummy in my Tummy

The dishes are Pottery Barn.
My Monday started off pretty alright. First with a big piece of Raspberry Delight (recipe to follow), I actually had to wear a sweatshirt to the barn because the temperature FINALLY dropped, and then we gave the calves their vaccinations and new IDs (it's kind of like them getting ready for back to school. I'll have a post and pictures on it). I love the mornings when I get to be on the farm for a bit before I go into the office.

Now first a recipe, and then I'll announce who won the boots.

Raspberry Delight
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was a big score in my house. The recipe is originally from Taste of Home, but I wanted to add some of my own commentary.

Ingredients
2-1/4 cups of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed

Filling
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat kind) You can soften it by leaving on the counter, or zapping in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time
1 cup confectioners' suger (powdered sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups whipped topping (I used light)

Topping
2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen raspberries (the recipe says sweetened raspberries, but I used non sweetened and it still tasted great)
Additional whipped topping

Directions
In large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbles. Press into an ungreased 13 in x 9 in backing pan. I used my KitchenAid and it was really powdery, but turned out just fine. (I was really skeptical to begin with).

Bake 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set (crust will not brown). Cool on wire rack.

In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.

For the topping dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in raspberries. Chill for 20 minutes until mixture behinds to thicken. My did not even come close to thickening after 40 minutes. I think next time I'll try a shallower bowl. I still poured it onto the filling really runny, but it firmed up and everything tuned out great. Refrigerate until set.

Boom an amazing dessert.

Now for the winner of the Shyanne boots!


Highheelsandshotgunshells Happy Monday, you just won a pair of boots! If you can email me (address is under the About Me tab) we'll get you a new pair of boots! Thank you again to the Boot Barn for the giveaway. 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...