Saturday, March 10, 2012

Things You Should Know: National Ag Week

Thank a farmer 

This past week was National Ag Week. Don't worry if you missed it you can celebrate farmers everyday. Throughout the week I am always coming across interesting tibits so I thought I would start to compile a series called "Things You Should Know." Here goes the inaugural post.

My family is also calving back home in Canada. I have never seen a calf with this coloring. She is pretty cute.

I am what you could call an #agnerd. I saw this awesome video from Tusa Cattle marketing their sale. Yes, people in agriculture spend a great deal of time marketing their livestock.

I reached 3,000 followers on Twitter this week! Thank you. Twitter is one of my favorite ways to connect with people.

Did you know peanuts are planted after the last frost in April or early May and heaviest harvesting months are September and October. I learned that from a new blog I am following Affectionately, Tornado Aly


And finally, Google has made it a little most difficult to follow Wordpress blogs. I have recently been following the All in Day blog, awesome gal and she likes burlap, too. Amy wrote this great post about your options of following Wordpress blogs like hers or Pinke Post - an awesome agriculturist blog. 
Hope you are having a great weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you learned something new from my post the other day! Peanuts are a fascinating plant, or maybe I'm just fascinated by anything food related. Either way it's a win. Looking forward to future "Things You Should Know!"

    Aly
    http://affectionatelytornadoaly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...