|I'm lucky I have beef I|
can pull right out of
Instead of popping another B12 pill (B12 is known to boost the immune system) we turned to mother nature's multi-vitamin beef to do the trick.
In our recipe we choose to use the Flat Iron steak. It is one of the 29 lean cuts of beef, is the second most tender cut of beef, and is pretty reasonably priced. You could also use a flank steak or round steak for this recipe.
1.5 pounds of flat iron steak, sliced thinly against the grain
1/2 cup soy sauce (I try to use the reduced sodium kind)
1/4 cup beef broth
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons corn starch
2 green peppers (cut into chunks)
3 teaspoons of olive oil (canola oil would work too)
As much rice as you would like (we made 2 cups)
1. Add your oil to a saucepan and begin heating on medium
2. Mix soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar and corn starch in bowl. Add the sliced beef and coat. Set aside.
3. Once the oil is hot add the green peppers to the oil, be careful it is going to sizzle. Cook for about a minute or two. You don't want the peppers to get too soft. Remove peppers and put in a bowl.
4. Allow the oil to become hot again, and then add half of the beef, leaving most of the sauce in the bowl. Ensure that each strip is flat. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. The great thing about this recipe it the meat cooks really fast because of the thin strips. Remove meat and put in a clean dish.
5. Cook the second half of the meat, again leaving most of the sauce in the bowl. Once the meat is brown add in the first half of the meat, the green peppers and the sauce. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken, it only takes a minute or two.
6. Serve over rice.
This recipe really takes no time at all. We used 1.3 pounds of Flat Iron steak for this recipe, and there was only a tiny bit left for me to take for lunch the next day. If you have a family of four you may consider doubling the recipe. The Boy liked it so much, he said so we are going to make this twice a week right?
Have fun cooking!
p.s. My wedding dress arrived in Chicago, and will be in Iowa Tuesday. The big day is getting close.