Monday, June 13, 2011

Optimizing your blog for smartphones

Another blogging tutorial.

Blogger has now come out with the option for you to optimize your blog for smartphones in just a couple steps. I converted my blog, and I hope many of my other blogger friends will consider doing theirs as well. Why? Well on my poor ole Blackberry, I can't bring up a lot of your blogs. Which therefore limits my on the road blog reading. So what do you need to do to optimize your blog for smartphones?

Step 1. Go to your dashboard

Click on Settings. Look at my impressive use of the pencil tool in photoshop!

Step 2. Select Email & Mobile


Step 3. Change your settings

Click on the yes option so a mobile version of your blog with appear when people are surfing the web via their phone. I was really impressed with how fast the photos loaded, and how easy it was to read my own blog. 

I hope this tutorial was useful. Even if you are a just a blog reader encourage your friends and bloggers to consider switching to the mobile template so we all can get a little more reading done. And don't forget to check out my other tutorial and advice on starting your own blog under the How to Blog Guide tab. 

5 comments:

  1. Cool. Mine was already set. Must have happened when they did that latest change...
    But your post let me check so I knew for sure, so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crystal, thanks for this info. Mine wasn't set to mobile, but now it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Crystal thanks for leaving a comment about this. I went in a changed it now we are good to go! Also when I did my giveaway the other day I ended up doing 3 winners instead of 2 and you were lucky #3. I still have both the turquoise necklaces so if ya want one it is your's. Just shoot me an e-mail with your addy and what one you want and I will get it to you!

    jphillipsblog@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this....I saw it pop up on my blog and was unsure about it...but now with advice decided to apply it to my blog!

    Hope you are doing well?!! Take care and happy summer! It's darn hot down here in Texas!

    Alise @ The Ranch Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tutorials are always useful. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...