Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Iowa Corn Report - Part 1

It's growing. 

It's back the Crystal Cattle unofficial corn report. So I don't know a ton about corn, but I am learning and I am fascinated by how fast it grows.


This is the field behind the Boy's house. There are little corn plants popping up across Iowa. 

Corn plant on May 28, 2011

They are just little guys right now, but they'll grow fast. I had to laugh when I was taking this picture. The Boy was on the phone with a friend of ours talking about our recent engagement. Jen asked the Boy if I was starring at my ring. His response, "No she's onto corn now."


And there is the Boy. Checking out the forecast for rest of the week. Rain, and hot humid weather is going to make the crops grow like crazy. 

A quick fact from Twitter:
Corn 86% planted, OH 19% #yikes, IL 80%, IN 42%, NE 77%, MI 67%. Soybeans 51% planted, OH 7%, IL 59%, IN 25%, NE 78%, MI 31%. #plant11

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the engagement. Corn is growing fast around here but only for the farmers that go to plant in the rain. B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...