Thursday, April 21, 2011

Go Texan - Turquoise Thursday

Those Texans sure love their turquoise.

This week's Turquoise Thursday post comes from one of the men that follow my blog. When I was in Texas at the beginning of the month sitting in my trade show booth, starring at all the Turquoise Jewelry from Reads Jewelers, he stopped by and said he had something for my blog.


Yes, folks, that is a turquoise ear tag. Typically, we use ear tags as an I.D. method in livestock. However, Go Texan is using them as a promotional item. Kind of like my ear tag luggage tags. 

Go Texan, created by the Texas Department of Agriculture, to help promote the products, culture and communities that call Texas home. 

And since yesterday we decided we are definitely not going Vegan, here is a great beef recipe I found on the Go Texan website. 

Fresh Tomato, Beef and Bow Tie Pasta 

Serves 4.
Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
2 T. fresh basil, sliced
3 T. Parmesan cheese, grated

Cooking Directions
In a large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in
tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss beef mixture and basil with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.

Recipe courtesy of Texas Beef Council

*Remember that lean beef is an awesome source of zinc, iron and protein, and contains 10 essential nutrients. 


Finally, I want to thank everyone that left comments on the Animal Abuse in Agriculture post. Hopefully, one day there won't be any reason to write posts like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...