Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zucchini Fries - Healthy Living

Yum.

I was really excited last night when I came across this Zucchini Fries recipe on KraftRecipes.com. I am a big fan of Kraft's recipe website, I am already a big fan of their healthy living spinach artichoke dip.

Fried Parmesan Zucchini sticks have been a favorite of mine for a long time, however what made me excited about this recipe is that they are baked - ie. healthier for you! They were the perfect pairing for my pork loin.

Ingredients
3 zucchini (1 lb.)
1/4 cup  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Chicken Coating Mix (I used 1.5 cups of Italian Bread Crumbs)
1   egg
Additionally I like to add Jim Baldridge Secret Seasoning - in typical Crystal cooking style add enough until it looks right.
Cook it
Heat Oven to 350 degrees
Cut zucchini cross-wise in half and then into quarters like fries. Add cheese and seasoning to shaker bag, or if you are using the bread crumbs make your own shaker bag. Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add zucchini; toss to coat. Use tongs to place 1/4 of the zucchini in shaker bag; close bag and shake to evenly coat. Spread onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining zucchini.

Bake
12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, turning after 7 min.

They also suggest a Lemon Ailoi as a dip, which I honestly thought won't be very good, but it was awesome.

1/2 cup KRAFT Mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise (their olive oil mayo is one of my favorites!)
1/2 tsp.  lemon zest - I used lemon juice instead
1 small garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 tsp.)
Mix ingredients together and let the dipping begin!
Photo courtesy of Kraftrecipes.com - I may like photography, but I'll leave Pioneer Woman to taking food photos!

p.s. Baldridge Seasoning is some of my favorite seasoning, created by so Angus friends of mine. I love to use it during grilling! Definitely worth checking out.

6 comments:

  1. MMmmMmm Jim Baldridge seasoning is a staple in my kitchen as well! :)

    http://andthatsbeautifultome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these recipes as well! I think I will try the zucchini fries on a friend of mine who hates veggies! :)

    And I'm so happy to have just stocked up a large bottle of Baldridge seasoning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't have posted this recipe at a better time! We have an abundance of zucchini's in our veggie garden right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this! I kept seeing you tweet about it yesterday and wanted to try it! It makes me hungry reading about them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all enjoy them.
    @Trio Angus you think you could send me some fresh stuff all the way from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try these.. I have a bounty of zucchini in my garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...