Sunday, January 16, 2011

NWSS - Out in the Yards

Sunshine and Hereford cattle

Well the Denver Stock Show is all over for me, but that doesn't mean the events have ended. Simmentals, Maines, Shorthorns, Charolais (all breeds of cattle) and the Junior Market animals are yet to show.

My week ended with a bang as the Boy's family couldn't of had a better NWSS. Grand Champion Polled Hereford Bull, Grand Champion Polled Hereford Female, Grand Champion Carload for the 12th year in a row, and Supreme Champion for the second year in a row, as well as numerous division winners.

All this made me think of two things. 1. These are good cattle. It wasn't by accident that these banners were won. Farms and ranches that are successful spend years building a program, selecting the right genetics, and finding out what management styles work best for them. 2. This also doesn't happen without amazing people. From the guy who makes breeding decisions, the person who feeds the animals everyday, the lady that keeps the records, and the crew that takes care and present these animals at the show - it takes all of them to create a champion.

You can read more about Star Lake Cattle Ranch's success on their NWSS Blog.


This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole show. It reminds me of my favorite photos from last year. 

The money making end. 

Grand Champion Carload NWSS 

Riding for the Brand. 

I'll get some more of favorites posted later in the week. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the Hereford Pictures!! 12 years in a row that is impressive! Congrats to the Boys family!

    http://andthatsbeautifultome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos! Congrats to the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make it one of these years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE PICS! You definately have an eye for photography and are a very talented girl! Keep posting pics, I really enjoy looking at them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...