Monday, January 10, 2011

National Western Stock Show photographs

Almost like Christmas.

If you show cattle than the National Western Stock Show is probably all you have been talking about for the last two weeks. People are excited and I can't wait to get there. For those of you who aren't familiar with showing cattle or wonder why we do it, it is a great way to display and market our livestock.

The cattle that will be in Denver are mostly purebred cattle or also know as seedstock. These are the cattle with superior genetics. They might grow faster, be more efficient or have superior marbling and tenderness genetics, which will ultimately lead to a better eating experience for you. The beef we eat mostly comes from commercial cattle (cattle of mixed breeds). It is these purebred bulls being bred to commercial cattle that is increasing the quality of product. Clear as mud. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask.

I wanted to share a few of my favorite photos that I have taken at Denver.







Be sure to visit the Crystal Cattle facebook page to see all my favorite National Western Stock Show photos. 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome pics...I have to say the last is my fav...that's what a producer likes to see...people evaluating their string!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for this years NWSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you and will be thinking of your photos as I ship the gift basket tomorrow for the American Lowline Junior Assoc. Silent Auction at Denver. I'm like Caci, I love the last photo the best. I love to stand and critique cattle in my mind. I love when others stop to critique mine or a head whips around to take a closer look when you walk by with a calf because they are that good!

    You must have a ball scrapping all those photos! I think you should include your layouts in the blog for those cattlewoman like me who love to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous. I'm missing it this year. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the compliments! I hope to have more to post throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...