Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It better be cool - Marketing 101

Make me stop and take a look. 

It really seems as though everyone has stepped up their game, and that's a good thing. There have been numerous pieces this week that have caught my eye - I'll be sharing some more with you soon, but right now it is time to pass the praise.

First off. LD Photography. 

I stumbled upon the Lauren Denver blog this week, and I am really glad that I did. I think she is is an extremely talented, young photographer. I don't know her personally, but when people have talent like this they deserve to be recognized.

I would really like this photo to be hanging in my house. On canvas. 

I love this, and now I can't wait for it to snow again.

Secondly. Farmsigns.com.

I have already talked about Farmsigns.com once in my Marketing 101 posts. Now, they have done it again. 

Farmsigns.com does amazing farm and business signs. I love the modern twist on this piece. I think farms and ranches could use a little bit more of creative twist sometimes. 

Visit the farmsigns.com facebook page for more photos of this sign. 

And to end it, Bella Spur Innovative Marketing

I have always looked up to Laura Bodell and Jamie-Rae Pittman. First in the showring, second because they are creative geniuses and third well they always had awesome hair and style - it's true. The girls have recently launched their facebook page and it's definitely worth checking out. My favorites so far. 

I love this logo. Maybe it's due to my love of red cows?

This ad is awesome. There is so much going on, and it speaks to so many things, yet it's simple. Something that doesn't always happen in advertising. 

So what do these three advertising pieces have in common? They all stopped and made me look, not because they were using the splashiest colors, or a shocking photo, or ridiculous statement to sell something. It is because this is quality work, that has an artistic approach. Good job folks, keep up the great work. 

8 comments:

  1. I loved this post Crystal. I wish I had graphic design/photography skills. Until then - I'll keep admiring amazing marketing. Thanks for sharing these awesome examples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Crystal! We love your photos as well. Your are extremely talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog. I found you through the harker family. You love all that I love and it's great to find people that love what I love. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Crystal, thanks for the plug! I have just been 'browsing' your blog and admiring your brilliant photos and have to say that 'I am inspired' :)

    Must read books: 'Linchpin' by Seth Godin... anything by Seth, really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments. Noella, that is on my list of books to read, after I finish @RobynBeazley's book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post and yes that first picture on canvas would be great!!!

    Thanks
    Leontien

    www.littlemissbookwurm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the stop-you-in-your-tracks images! And thanks for the heads up on Bella Spur.
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal thanks for your kind comments!I'm not sure if I'm more flattered about the mention of our marketing or our hair, likely the hair though, ha! How cool to have grown up cow showing with so many talented individuals, its amazing to see everyone's strengths shine as adults. Looking forward to seeing more of your photography and reading more about your travels as a cattlewoman. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...