Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We need to have food choices

Your choice can affect my choices.

I came across this website awhile ago and wanted to share it with you. It is called choose2choose.com

Although, I have always been a strong advocate of having choices in the type and kinds of food that we are able to purchase (organic, natural, conventional raised) their was a quote on this website that really hit home with me.

"I didn't realize I could be taking someone else's food choices away by advocating for on method of farming over another."

Today one farmer can feed 155 people, as compared to 129 in 1960. The reason why we can do this is we are more efficient and we have access to improved technology. Now that doesn't mean that I don't think you should be able to go to a local farmers market to purchase your fruits and vegetables. It just means that I know we can't feed everyone in this country, and all the countries we export food to with that method.

I encourage you to check out the site. There is great information on commonly asked questions like high fructose corn syrup, cage-free eggs, bst, among other topics.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing about this! I posted the video on my facebook page last week and received some interesting comments from my city friends. It's great to start the conversation about food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...