Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time to switch gears... back to the food we eat

Milk is good for the body. 


It's been a crazy week, good crazy, exciting crazy, but crazy. And although, the debate over iced tea and some fabulous boots have been fun posts this week, it is time for us to think about being advocates for agriculture again.

I am really enjoying Twitter (you can follow me here) and there has been some great discussion on there this week. If you don't want to Tweet (post stuff) I would encourage you just to sign up and read what others are writing, they have pointed me towards some excellent articles.

I also use my Blogger Dashboard to keep track of all the blogs I follow. Just like you following me, I follow blogs. I have mentioned the Food for Thought blog before, a team effort by a group of K-State students. (Go State, have to sneak that in). Today there is a really great post by Tera Rooney (she is also an excellent cake baker). And since I don't have time to write my own ideas down I am going to steal some of hers.

Tera and her sisters grew up on a farm, however she makes the REALLY good point that just because you were raised on a farm or are in a rural area doesn't mean that you won't find yourself on the "certain food products are bad for my health because "some guy" who believes "big farming" (whatever that is) will ruin our planet" road.

Check out her blog here and I would encourage you to follow this blog, and mine too ;) And when you are telling your ag story make sure that you tell it to everyone because sometimes people need a refresher.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I check my dashboard five million times a day. That's the only way I can keep up with all my blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Love the boot picture! I grew up on a ranch in eastern MT and identify with the lifestyle although I'm an "urban cowgirl" now!
    Keep up the good work!
    Heidi
    http://www.heidimthomas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BK, I know how you feel. Heidiwriter I am glad that you could join us. We like cowgirls of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...