Thursday, February 25, 2010

A quote to live by

Frank Martin you are the man.

Today there was a great article in the K-State Collegian, and interview with basketball coach Frank Martin. (On a side note the last two times I have had lunch in Manhattan Frank has shown up or been there, and no I am not stalking. But I digress).

This is the quote that impacts me.
People get caught up in saying... well it’s not about winning. No. If it’s not about winning, they wouldn’t keep score. It is about winning. Life is about winning. If you’re not going to get out of bed and go win, then you’re going to fail, so you’d better understand how to deal with winning and deal with losing. That’s what life’s about.

I think we sometimes candy coat stuff, add too much fluff. The thing is I want to successful, I want to win, I don't hid that from anyone. To me being successful doesn't mean I have a bank account full or money or a bunch of toys, it means that I will have determination, an a work ethic to push me to the top.

It is kind of like my Image Doesn't Matter post.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I can only add that you should align yourself with a winner. Leave the losers behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this article! Great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see this was my status on fb???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...