Sunday, January 24, 2010

I got my MBA - Master of Beef Advocacy that is.

Why not graduate one more time.


Last summer, Cgood told me about NCBA's Master's of Beef Advocacy program. I thought this would be a great way to refresh my mind, and have access to more information, that way when I got a question from a consumer I could give a better answer than - well I know I take care of my cows.

During, Denver my good friends Dr. Dana and Catie go talking about the program. Dana and Catie are both in the health care profession. And, although they grew up on farms, were extremely active in their junior breed associations, and try to make it to as many cattle events as possible, their careers lead them away from agriculture. Yet, these two people, and others like them might be the key to agriculture surviving. These two ladies have more access to urban environments and consumers than most ranchers. So even though they may be wearing a cute head band, leggings and riding boots, or a scarf, Gap jeans, and heels they are still huge advocates for our industry.

If you are interested in knowing more about the MBA program please feel free to give me a hollar at crystal.cattle@gmail.com or contact NCBA directly to sign up or learn more at MBA@beef.org.

And remember that:

  • 1 3 oz. serving of lean beef has the same amount of vitamin B12 as 7.5 skinless chicken breasts. 
  • You would have to eat 2.75 cups of spinach to receive the same amount of iron found in a 3 oz. serving of lean beef
  • And a 3 oz. of lean beef will provide you with 25 grams of protein
  • There are 29 lean cuts of beef, a good way to identify these cuts is look for the word loin

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful program. I have started it, myself, but have not had the time to really concentrate on it and finish it. I am hoping to get to it very soon.
    Dawn

    PS I really enjoy your blog... and GO STATE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got started on this a couple weeks ago! Glad to hear it was so good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...