Monday, November 2, 2009

Headed North!

Doing what I love to do!

This morning I got a great phone call. It just made my day because 1. this morning I was thinking about the post I wrote tonight about networking and this phone call fits right in there with it, 2. I want to be known for my talents and beliefs, and now some one wants me to share them with others, and 3. I am going to be making an extra trip home this summer!

Today, I got asked to be one of the workshop speakers at the Tiffin Conference in Lethbridge, Alberta. There are two conferences a year, that all deal with agriculture issues.  I will be speaking at the Spring Conference, and have been asked to share my knowledge on agriculture putting its face forward online.

Now, how does this all tie into my networking post? Well one of the people involved with the conference knows me two ways - 1. she came across our YouTube site, through an email that I had sent to Kit Pharo, and he took my email and posted the link in his newsletter, and 2. both my family and her's were involved in 4-H and Junior programs together, and that is how she recognized my name so quickly on the YouTube channel. Got to love networking. I am so excited to be able to go home and share my stories on helping agriculture tell their story. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Crystal on been asked to be a part of the conference. It was a good day for me too to hear that in the next five months I will get to see you 3 times.... all here in Canada. Can't wait to see you at CWA in 3 weeks and then Christmas. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that I actually have a clue about something you've written tonight! I drive by the Pharo Cattle Company every time I drive home and it's about an hour from my fiancee's family outfit. Congrats on the new opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAH!!!! Congratulations Crystal - I'm SO excited for you. I'm thrilled that they were able to secure you for the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You'll do amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I am very excited about it. And Caleb I am glad you recognized a name. I really enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...