Monday, November 2, 2009

The Best Social Network out there revealed!

... I am letting the cat out of the bag.
Well the Royal is over. And once again it  proved to me that it really is one of my favorite shows. When I was leaving the grounds on Sunday afternoon, I had just spent three days with some of my best friends, met some amazing people, got to watch champions be selected, feel the excitement in the air, watch a great Simmental show, see some awesome heifer prospects, it was 70 degrees, the sun was shining and I am one lucky girl because I don't think I could have had a better weekend.

It was funny because right before I left for the Royal I came across an awesome article in The Showtimes magazine, called "Original Social Network," by Kassi Bauman. Kassi makes a great point in her story - that like so many of us on an average day she can be found, "Facebooking, Tweeting, texting, streaming Netflix movies, emailing and Googling or any combination thereof..." but, "I’ve found that nothing’s better than connecting with the original social network--my Charolais family--every summer at Junior Nationals."

Her article goes on to stress the benefits of being involved in competition and the friendship we make on the show road. It is really true that some of my best friends are the people that I might only see a couple times a year. They get me, they get my passions, and even though they may live in another state or another country for that matter, if I ever needed anything they would be the first people there.

I am working on all the stories and getting all the pictures rounded up from this weekend, and although I will share them through my blog and on Facebook, that make up area, backdrop and sitting on the tack box will still always be number one!


--Thanks to Kassi, and Brian Reif at The Showtimes, for letting me use part of the article. If you wish to read the full story you can find it online, in the Summer 2009 Edition. Definitely a magazine worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...