Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday morning excitement - there's even a prize involved.

The above title might be a little ironic.

A month ago I got a little curious as to who was reading this darn thing. I decided I needed some statistics. For as much as I hate calculating numbers I love looking at them. So, I decided to add something called Google analytics to my blog. You can't see it, but it tracks visitors, page views, time on the site, location etc. And all I can say is thank-you! In the last 30 days I have had more than 800 visits to the blog and more than 200 unique viewers.

So to celebrate I am giving away a little prize

TheShowText.com is one of my new favorite little ideas. Some Oklahoma State friends of mine (Kylee and Jon) started the business earlier this summer - and I am all about helping young people in this industry.

The idea is that for $20 per year you receive show results from state fairs, the majors - like the Royal, Louisville, junior nationals and other events. Sale results and reminders of when entries are due are also sent out. All these messages come across my phone via text message. And the even better thing is you can choose which states or breeds you want to receive results from so that your phone isn't overloaded with messages. This fall they are also going to be including judging results - I am a big nerd when it comes to finding out how my alma maters do at contests.

I always feel so smart when I can whip out my phone and rattle off the latest winnings or Express's sale average, and high sellers without even having been there.

Up for grabs is a one year subscription to theshowtext.com . All you have to do is a leave a comment below with your name. If you are still a little new to blog commenting you can choose the anonymous option, just be sure to include your name and email address. On Friday, I will announce the results! What a great way to start the week.

Good luck to everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Crystal,
    Just wanted to enter the contest!How fun! I hope you had a great weekend and have a great week! I Enjoy reading your blog...keep it up!
    Wrenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a cool idea! It would be so nice to keep up with all the results down there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Crystal girl!! This is too fun and creative. Sorry I can't see you this weekend, but have safe travels and will catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl Hey!!
    I LOVE the blog and I LOVE this idea!! You are so creative! I miss you and I hope that you are having a great day! I will call ya tonight..keep up the good work & have fun in Phoenix! P.S...I really need some showtext action =)
    Christie =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm signing up no matter what! They are much faster than John relaying the info to me!
    See ya at Connies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I didn't even know it existed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal Young! You never cease to impress me--I have been contemplating getting showtext anyway! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! I always read your blog and get inspired to do one as well, then think I have nothing to say! Haha! Always thinking of you and your AMAZING talents! Hope to see you soon back in StJoMo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you so much to everyone who entered! Our winner is Jamie May! I'll be giving you a call soon.

    Also, I would encourage anyone else that wants to sign up to visit The Show Text's website.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...