Friday, September 4, 2009

It's here...

College football, this weekend... enough said.

So to say that I am pumped for this weekend would be an understatement. I don't know how many times this summer my friends and I have said we can't wait for football season to be here, and this is the weekend it starts.

Its hard to describe K-State football to someone that's never been. It is kind of like the movies. A sea of purple, that contains the most passionate fans you'll ever see, and you get to be right in the middle of it all. I remember my first football game. We finally had a weekend that we weren't judging, and Em was able to get a hold of some tickets, from the company she did her summer internship. We played Oklahoma State and lots of cattle friends came in for the game. Em taught me all about the traditions, and actions to the Wabash Canonball and the words to our fight song. I was hooked.

Some of my best memories have been in the tailgating parking lots of K-State. Moving from truck bed to truck bed, hanging out in the sheep unit pasture and making sure to stop at Tbaugh's family's tailgate - its probably one of the best ones on the block. I tell Tbuagh all the time its the only reason why I am friends with her, is because of this dip her mom makes - its amazing!

Tailgating last year in Tbaugh's parents seat! Love these girls!

This year could be a little rough for the Wildcats. We had a terrible coach for the back few years, the quality of football, the depth of players and the support has gone down. But there is hope in sight. This year our old coach Bill Synder is coming out of retirement. I am pretty sure it would take a miracle for him to fix it all, but at least it's a start. No matter what happens I will always bleed purple. The game is at 6 p.m. this Saturday. I am sure I will return with lots of stories and photos.

This will give an idea of what I will get to experience. The chant at the end is one of my favorites. If you are wondering what in the world is going at point in this video, but sure to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...