Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Some inspiration...

Well the church didn't light on fire when I walked in.

So it has been awhile since I have been to church. When I do show up I still get the oh is this your first time response from some of the regulars. The fact is I have been trying to go as much as possible for awhile now. I found an awesome United Methodist church really close to our old house, and love the pastor there. 

Now my family didn't grow up going to church ever Sunday, but my sister and I attended vacation Bible study camps for many summers. I actually started going to church in college when Emilie invited me along one day. I have read the Bible, but don't have all those stories and people memorized so sometimes I feel a little bit in a daze, however there have been some things said lately that made e a lot of sense. 

This past Sunday our pastor was talking about putting things in God's hands. He said too often we try and sort out our problems without his guidance, and really us humans are pretty good at making a bigger mess of things. Now that I think about it he's probably right. New goal ask for some help before I tackle the issue. 

The second thing is something that my friend Miss Blue posted on her facebook wall that really inspired me and went along quite well with this past Sunday's sermon on sacrifice.  She quoted  "I AM a CHILD of THE KING! He paid a price for ME w/ His OWN Son..."The Lord has chosen you to be His treasured possession" ~ Deuteronomy 14:2" And her conclusion was "Now do you realize your own value???"

And I will leave you to think about that. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story Crystal. Thanks for sharing. I'm proud of you - it isn't easy getting the "new" look - but you're there for a purpose. Keep serving God with all that you do and he'll provide you all that you need. Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...