Monday, April 13, 2009

Going once, going twice, sold!

My second one ever...
This weekend I traveled in Wamego, Kansas to help out some good friends of mine with their hog sale. The Finks have been great friends to me since I started at K-State. Their son Austin was on my K-State judging team, and is like a brother, and he dates my best friend Emilie! (there has been a change in this status - see above!) Emilie and Austin are both living in Pennsylvania now, but flew out for the sale. 

Last year the Fink Farm sale was my first hog sale ever, and this was my second one ever. It was fun being on a farm and around livestock again. It was nice to just throw on a sweatshirt, put my hair in a ponytail and get my hands dirty. Plus, Carol, Austin's mom, is a great cook! 


44 Hogs were sold through the sale and average $269, with the high seller bringing $875! Most of these hogs will be shown by 4-H or FFA members at their county fairs. Some will go on to bigger shows like the Kansas State Fair or Wichita's Kansas Junior Livestock Show. The picture of the black and white hog is a Hamp cross and was the high seller. He was real good! If you ever needing a show pig gives the Fink's call, you won't find nicer people. www.finkfarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from all my readers. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...